Last night the Mets extended there 4 game win streak to 5 games as they beat the Pirates at Citi Field by a score of 7-3.
- The Mets broke the 2-2 tie in the 8th by scoring 5 runs.
- In the 8th, Reyes led off with a single. Then Castillo walked on 4 pitches. Then Beltran singled to score Reyes to take the lead. Then Delgado hit a 3 run homer. Then Wright gets out but Murphy doubles and Santos drives him in.
- Every Met (including the pitcher Jonathan Niese) had at least one hit other then David Wright.
- Jonathan Niese started and pitched well through 6. Here was his line:
IP H R ER BB SO HR PC-ST ERA J Niese 6.0 7 2 2 0 5 0 95-67 3.00
- Sean Green and Ken Takahashi combined to pitch a good 7th.
- Bobby Parnell pitched a good 8th and got the win.
- Then in the 9th with a 5 run lead J.J. Putz put himself into trouble but got out of it with only 1 run allowed.
On Wednesday, manager Jerry Manual made a interesting move in batting Daniel Murphy 3rd with Carlos Delgado hurt. Wednesday’s lineup was this:
Wright or Beltan
Last night the Mets lost to the Padres by a score of 5-4 in the first regular season game at Citi Field.
- In the 5th inning, David Wright hit a very clutch 3 run homer for his 1st of the year.
- Delgado, Church and Schnieder were the only ones not to get a hit.
- Ryan Church dropped a fly ball in the 5th inning to lead to a run scoring.
- Mike Pelfrey struggled in the first inning but then settled down and went 5 (88 pitches).
- After David Wright’s game tying home run, Pedro Feliciano balked in a run and there was no more scoring after that.
- The Mets were hitless off Duaner Sanchez and Heath Bell.
- It still needs more concession stands. The lines are crazy.
- The apple is much bigger when Wright hit that home run.
- It is definitely a pitcher’s park. Maybe even more so then Shea.
- If you are going then don’t enter in the rotunda. Security is way to high there and it is much better if you enter in the left or right field entrance.
Today the Mets (10-13-1) will travel to Jupiter to play the Cardinals (16-7-2) at 1:05.
Luis Castillo 2B
Carlos Beltran CF
Carlos Delgado 1B
Daniel Murphy LF
Ryan Church RF
Jose Valentin 3B
Brian Schneider C
John Maine P
- The Mets are third among National League teams with a .296 batting average and third in the NL with a .363 on-base percentage.
- The Mets are 1-1 against the Cards this spring