On May 17th, 2002, the Mets turned the 9th Triple Play in club history vs the San Diego Padres. Who was the Padre batter when this took place?
♣ First one to post a comment with the correct answer wins. Please leave a link to your blog so I can post your link as a winner.
The Mets today announced that Jose Reyes is day to day after getting tendentious in is calf yesterday. As Noble Thoughts said, you never know what the Mets are hiding and Reyes could actually be really badly hurt.
Tonight at 7, the Mets (4-4, 4th in NL East) will host the Padres (6-3, 1st in NL West) at Citi Field.
Today the Mets will play the Padres at Citi Field at 7:10. It is Jackie Robinson Night.
|NO.||SAN DIEGO||NEW YORK|
|1.||S. Hairston, CF||J. Reyes, SS|
|2.||D. Eckstein, 2B||D. Murphy, LF|
|3.||B. Giles, RF||D. Wright, 3B|
|4.||A. Gonzalez, 1B||C. Delgado, 1B|
|5.||C. Headley, LF||C. Beltran, CF|
|6.||K. Kouzmanoff, 3B||G. Sheffield, RF|
|7.||N. Hundley, C||B. Schneider, C|
|8.||L. Rodriguez, SS||L. Castillo, 2B|
|9.||K. Correia, P||O. Perez, P|
|SAN DIEGO||NEW YORK|
Last night the Mets lost to the Padres by a score of 5-4 in the first regular season game at Citi Field.
- In the 5th inning, David Wright hit a very clutch 3 run homer for his 1st of the year.
- Delgado, Church and Schnieder were the only ones not to get a hit.
- Ryan Church dropped a fly ball in the 5th inning to lead to a run scoring.
- Mike Pelfrey struggled in the first inning but then settled down and went 5 (88 pitches).
- After David Wright’s game tying home run, Pedro Feliciano balked in a run and there was no more scoring after that.
- The Mets were hitless off Duaner Sanchez and Heath Bell.
- It still needs more concession stands. The lines are crazy.
- The apple is much bigger when Wright hit that home run.
- It is definitely a pitcher’s park. Maybe even more so then Shea.
- If you are going then don’t enter in the rotunda. Security is way to high there and it is much better if you enter in the left or right field entrance.
Today in the first ever regular season game at Citi Field, the Mets (3-3, 3rd in NL East) will be facing the San Diego Padres (5-2, 1st in NL West) at 7:10 PM.