Last night the Mets extended there 4 game win streak to 5 games as they beat the Pirates at Citi Field by a score of 7-3.
- The Mets broke the 2-2 tie in the 8th by scoring 5 runs.
- In the 8th, Reyes led off with a single. Then Castillo walked on 4 pitches. Then Beltran singled to score Reyes to take the lead. Then Delgado hit a 3 run homer. Then Wright gets out but Murphy doubles and Santos drives him in.
- Every Met (including the pitcher Jonathan Niese) had at least one hit other then David Wright.
- Jonathan Niese started and pitched well through 6. Here was his line:
IP H R ER BB SO HR PC-ST ERA J Niese 6.0 7 2 2 0 5 0 95-67 3.00
- Sean Green and Ken Takahashi combined to pitch a good 7th.
- Bobby Parnell pitched a good 8th and got the win.
- Then in the 9th with a 5 run lead J.J. Putz put himself into trouble but got out of it with only 1 run allowed.
Last night the Mets beat the Nationals 4-3 at Citi Field.
- The Mets had 11 hits.
- The Mets were 1 for 16 with runners in scoring position.
- Johan went 5 shutout but then gave up a home run to Nick Johnson in the 6th.
IP H R ER BB SO HR PC-ST ERA J Santana 6.0 6 1 1 1 10 1 104-78 0.70
- Bobby Parnell then came in for 2/3 of a inning and Feliciano finished the 7th.
- J.J. Putz then pitched the 8th scoreless.
- Franky Rodriguez then came in for the 9th and gave up a 2 run home run but was then able to hold the lead.
- The bullpen’s line was this:
Bullpen IP H R ER BB SO HR PC-ST ERA R Parnell (H, 3) 0.2 1 0 0 0 2 0 18-13 2.08 P Feliciano (H, 2) 0.1 0 0 0 0 0 0 5-3 4.50 J Putz (H, 4) 1.0 0 0 0 0 1 0 10-9 3.00 F Rodriguez (S, 4) 1.0 2 2 2 0 1 1 22-14 2.70 Totals 6.0 3 2 2 0 4 1 55-39
This is the first major league report so far. While Jerry Manual hasn’t confirmed that Parnell will be on the team, it is pretty obvious that he will. And not just in the pen but relied on in close games sometimes.
Today at Tradition Field, the Mets beat the Orioles 2-1.
- Oliver Perez was good. 6 2/3 innings but was pulled for throwing 93 pitches. Only 1 run.
- Daniel Murphy tied the game in the 4th with a home run.
- Fernando Tatis took the lead in the 8th with a tripple and scoring on a throwing error.
- Putz and Parnell were good out of the pen.
I am going to start something called the Daily Scouting Report that I hope will get more viewers to come back each day. The report will usually be on a minor league player but may be on a opposing player or a opposing team. For the first one I would like to scout Dillon Gee, who is pitching today against the Marlins at 1 PM on PIX 11.
The Mets (11-13-1) today beat the Cardinals (16-8-2) by a score of 9-5 in Jupiter today.
- John Maine looked pretty good. He got off to a bad start in the first and then rebounded and went 5 innings. Putz and Parnell then followed with 1-2-3 innings. Here is the Mets Pitching box score:
NY Mets IP H R ER BB SO HR ERA Maine 5.0 6 3 1 3 5 0 8.00 Putz 1.0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0.00 Parnell 1.0 0 0 0 1 0 0 2.38 Figueroa, N 1.0 2 1 1 0 0 0 10.80 Muniz 1.0 1 1 1 1 2 1 4.91
Sorry for no pre-game post.
- Oliver Perez was shacking giving up 6 runs on 3 and 2/3 innings of work. Not a good sign at all.
- Carlos Muniz, Elmer Dessens and Bobby Parnell all pitched scoreless innings but Ron Villone was in the middle of them giving up 4 runs on his inning of work and also getting the lose. Brian Stokes also finished the game with 2 scoreless innings. Villone won’t make the team but it is a good sign that Parnell is doing well.
- Carlos Beltran was 2 for 3 with a RBI in his first game back from the WBC while Carlos Delgado was 0 for 2 with a walk in his first game back.
- Fernando Tatis was 3 for 3 and is hitting .408 this spring in his bid for playing time this year.