Over the weekend there were a lot of injuries that happened to the Mets but since I had no internet, I wasn’t able to blog about them. Here is a list of injuries:
The Mets today announced that Jose Reyes is day to day after getting tendentious in is calf yesterday. As Noble Thoughts said, you never know what the Mets are hiding and Reyes could actually be really badly hurt.
Bart Hubbuch of the New York Post is reporting that Brian Schneider will be setback about a week from when he was supposed to come off the DL on Sunday. The Mets said that he is having soreness in his calf during his rehab.
If you are yet to guess on todays trivia then you can find it here.
Today the Mets won in dramatic fashion against the Brewers at Citi Field.
- The Mets scored 3 runs in the first inning.
- Gary Sheffield hit home run number 500 in his career and was the first Mets player to ever hit their 500th career home run in a Mets uniform.
- In the 9th, Carlos Delgado leads off with a double. Then Carlos Beltran strikes out. Then Ryan Church is intentionally walked which brings up the catcher, Omir Santos, who came in when they pinch hit for Castro due to Schnieder going on the DL. Santos hits a ground ball so lightly hit that it isn’t a double play.
- Then Luis Castillo comes up and hits a infield hit to J.J. Hardy and Delgado scores.
- Livan Hernandez was great the first time through the order but ran into trouble in the 5th and 6th. He gave up 4 runs through 5+.
- The bullpen didn’t give up a run after that.
- It only took J.J. Putz, 11 pitches to get through the 9th and earn the win.
In a long game last night the Mets beat the Reds 9-7 at Great American Ballpark.
Presented from ESPN.
At the Plate:
- Carlos Delgado was 2 for 5 with a homer and 4 RBIs (not by a Grand Slam)
- Carlos Beltran was 2 for 4 with a walk and 2 RBIs.
- Brian Schneider was 2 for 4 with a walk and 3 RBIs. All of which came in the 7th inning when Schneider broke the game open with a 3 RBI double.
- Mike Pelfrey started and went 5 innings. He gave up 4 runs, all of which were in the first. He walked 4, struck out 2 and ended up throwing 104 pitches (56 strikes)
- Bobby Parnell followed by throwing a no hit scoreless inning although walking 2. Parnell might have pitched another inning but the Mets hit so well the following inning that they had to pinch hit for Parnell.
- Pedro Feliciano followed and threw 2/3 of a inning giving up 2 runs.
- Sean Green then game in to bail out Feliciano and he did that in one batter.
- J.J. Putz then came in to pitch the 8th and he gave up his first run of the season.
- Frankie Rodreiguez then came in for the 9th and had some control issues. He went 2-0 on every batter he faced. Frankie ended up throwing 30 pitches in his 1 inning of work. More on that later in the post.
I am giving it to Carlos Delgado for his 4 RBIs although it could have easily gone to Carlos Beltran or Brian Schneider.
Today at 1 PM Oliver Perez will take the mound on SNY.
Reports have said that Brian Schnieder will be out for opening day mean that our opening day catchers will be Ramon Castro and Robinson Cancel.