Yesterday the Mets put Alex Cora on the DL and recalled Ramon Martinez. He has appeared in 1 World Series. The more info you give about Martinez playing in that World Series, the more points you get. When someone guesses you can then add more information. It can be about stats, team, year, something special he did or something else about him in that World Series.
Today the Mets (5-5, 3rd in NL East) will host the Brewers (3-5, T-5th in NL Central) at 1:10 at Citi Field.
Today the Mets won in dramatic fashion against the Brewers at Citi Field.
- The Mets scored 3 runs in the first inning.
- Gary Sheffield hit home run number 500 in his career and was the first Mets player to ever hit their 500th career home run in a Mets uniform.
- In the 9th, Carlos Delgado leads off with a double. Then Carlos Beltran strikes out. Then Ryan Church is intentionally walked which brings up the catcher, Omir Santos, who came in when they pinch hit for Castro due to Schnieder going on the DL. Santos hits a ground ball so lightly hit that it isn’t a double play.
- Then Luis Castillo comes up and hits a infield hit to J.J. Hardy and Delgado scores.
- Livan Hernandez was great the first time through the order but ran into trouble in the 5th and 6th. He gave up 4 runs through 5+.
- The bullpen didn’t give up a run after that.
- It only took J.J. Putz, 11 pitches to get through the 9th and earn the win.
Today the Mets (4-5, 4th in NL East) will be hosting the Milwaukee Brewers (3-6, T-Last in NL Central) at 7:10 at Citi Field.
Today the Mets (3-2, 3rd in NL East) will visit the Marlins (4-1, T-1st in NL East) today at Dolphin Stadium at 1:10 PM.
W- Livan Hernandez (1-0)
- After taking early BP with Jerry Manual, Luis Castillo goes 4 for 4.
- Jose Reyes hit his first home run of the year.
- The Mets were 5 for 14 with runners in scoring position (.357) which is much better then the previous day at 1 for 10 (.100).
- Livan Hernandez was good. Here is his line:
|L Hernandez (W, 1-0)||6.2||6||2||2||3||4||0||99-62||2.70|
- Brian Stokes then pitched to one batter and gave up a hit. He was then relieved by Pedro Feliciano who finished the inning.
- Darron O’Day then pitched a good 8th inning but struggled in the 9th so they brought in Franky Rodriguez in a non-save situation and he got the job done.
- This was the first game for the Mets this year that a starting Pitcher went 6 or more innings.
Now on TV, Reyes drives in Castillo. 1-0 Mets.
Nice catch Wright and then the dive for the double play.
Razor Shines should have sent Beltran. Schneider ended the inning with a ground out on thenext play.
Wow. Castillo is actually 2 for 2.
2 run home run JOSE REYES
JOSE JOSE JOSE JOSE. JOSE. JOSE
Double play Livan is out of it but Reyes is limping after Emilo Bonafacio slid into him. THis will be big if he is hurt. Uh Oh.
Castillo is somehow 3 for 3 and drove in Church. Castillo took early BP with Jerry Manual before today’s game. Jerry said that he was taking too many pitches.
Marlins on the board by a pinch hit by Wes Helms. Livan’s day is done. 6 2/3, 1 run (2 on base), 6 hits, 3 walks, 4 strikeouts.
Bonafacio gets a hit and Stokes comes out. Normal Jerry although it is Willie style.
Feliciano comes in and gets the job done. To the 8th.
RBI hit for Wright. 7-2 Mets.