Today both Fernando Tatis and Gary Sheffield will be in the lineup with Murphy and Church sitting against the lefty.
I thought Jerry Manual said that Murphy would play against both righties and lefties.
The Mets lineup should look like this:
Tatis is in the lineup because Jerry wants him to get at bats. I understand that but Murphy and Church should play almost everyday. Righty or lefty pitching. Here is the real problem: GARY SHEFFIELD.
This season Sheffield is batting .111. He sucks. Yes he hit his 500th home run but he sucks. .111 should not be on the team or in the lineup. The Mets were perfectly fine with Church and Murphy playing everyday and Tatis getting the occasional start.
Sheffield has forced Church to rest some days and that has put him in a real slump. He was doing amazing at the beginning of the year.
Sheffield should be dumped or traded. I think some team would want him.
Today the Mets (6-5, 2nd in NL East, 4 GB) will host the Brewers (3-8, 6th in NL Central, 4 GB) at 1:10 in Citi Field.
Jose Reyes, SS
Daniel Murphy, LF
David Wright, 3B
Carlos Delgado, 1B
Carlos Beltran, CF
Gary Sheffield, RF
Fernando Tatis, 2B
Omir Santos, C
Nelson Figuarora, P
Brewers: Jeff Suppon
0-2, 12.91 ERA
128-125, 4.66 ERA
Mets: Nelson Figuaroa
This Season with Buffalo:
0-0 3.00 ERA
10-20, 4.64 ERA
What to Look for:
- Daniel Murphy after day off.
- Fernando Tatis at 2nd base.
- Brewers against Figgy.
I will be there. It is my 3rd trip to Citi Field.
How to Catch It:
TV: PIX 11
Radio: WFAN 660 AM
Español: WADO 1280 AM
On the Web:
MLB.TV and Gameday Audio
MLB Gameday and ESPN Gamecast
Today at Tradition Field, the Mets beat the Orioles 2-1.
W – J.J. Putz (3-0)
L – Jim Johnson (0-1)
S – Bobby Parnell (1)
- Oliver Perez was good. 6 2/3 innings but was pulled for throwing 93 pitches. Only 1 run.
- Daniel Murphy tied the game in the 4th with a home run.
- Fernando Tatis took the lead in the 8th with a tripple and scoring on a throwing error.
- Putz and Parnell were good out of the pen.
Sorry for no pre-game post.
The Mets (10-13-1) lost today to the Tigers (9-13) by a score of 10 to 6 at Tradition Field today.
W: Scott Williamson (1-0)
L: Ron Villone (0-1)
- Oliver Perez was shacking giving up 6 runs on 3 and 2/3 innings of work. Not a good sign at all.
- Carlos Muniz, Elmer Dessens and Bobby Parnell all pitched scoreless innings but Ron Villone was in the middle of them giving up 4 runs on his inning of work and also getting the lose. Brian Stokes also finished the game with 2 scoreless innings. Villone won’t make the team but it is a good sign that Parnell is doing well.
- Carlos Beltran was 2 for 3 with a RBI in his first game back from the WBC while Carlos Delgado was 0 for 2 with a walk in his first game back.
- Fernando Tatis was 3 for 3 and is hitting .408 this spring in his bid for playing time this year.
The 2 Mets from the Dominican Republic are back after losing twice to the Netherlands. Jose Reyes and Fernando Tatis are back in camp and should be in the lineup tonight against the Marlins.
Reyes has said that he enjoyed himself and is happy to be back and and hat he also was impressed with Pedro Martinez. He said he would be happy to see Pedro back next year.
Tatis on the other hand said he didn’t like it at the classic