In a long game last night the Mets beat the Reds 9-7 at Great American Ballpark.
Presented from ESPN.
At the Plate:
- Carlos Delgado was 2 for 5 with a homer and 4 RBIs (not by a Grand Slam)
- Carlos Beltran was 2 for 4 with a walk and 2 RBIs.
- Brian Schneider was 2 for 4 with a walk and 3 RBIs. All of which came in the 7th inning when Schneider broke the game open with a 3 RBI double.
- Mike Pelfrey started and went 5 innings. He gave up 4 runs, all of which were in the first. He walked 4, struck out 2 and ended up throwing 104 pitches (56 strikes)
- Bobby Parnell followed by throwing a no hit scoreless inning although walking 2. Parnell might have pitched another inning but the Mets hit so well the following inning that they had to pinch hit for Parnell.
- Pedro Feliciano followed and threw 2/3 of a inning giving up 2 runs.
- Sean Green then game in to bail out Feliciano and he did that in one batter.
- J.J. Putz then came in to pitch the 8th and he gave up his first run of the season.
- Frankie Rodreiguez then came in for the 9th and had some control issues. He went 2-0 on every batter he faced. Frankie ended up throwing 30 pitches in his 1 inning of work. More on that later in the post.
I am giving it to Carlos Delgado for his 4 RBIs although it could have easily gone to Carlos Beltran or Brian Schneider.
Today at 1 PM Oliver Perez will take the mound on SNY.